There is no better time of the year than now to find the best deals on AC repair Little Elm TX. Both summer and winter can be cruel in Texas and you can put your mind at ease if you know a trusted 24-hour ac repair Little Elm TX service provider.
HVAC Maintenance and Repairs
Professionals highly recommend annual cleaning and maintenance of HVAC systems, even if you do not feel that your unit has a problem. An HVAC system replacement can cost from $1,000 to $5,000 depending on how extensive the damage is. For a small annual maintenance fee of less than $100 from an air conditioning company Little Elm TX like Air Repair Pros, your AC will run efficiently in maintaining a cool house even at the lowest setting. Preventive maintenance will also prevent costly and untimely damage and replacement of your unit.
Annual cleaning and maintenance by professionals are not enough. Just because it has been seen by a professional HVAC maintenance team, it does not mean you will not do regular maintenance yourself. If you have an HVAC in your home, it is best to know the parts, components, and basic cleaning techniques to keep it running smoothly.
How to Maintain your HVAC System
Here are some tips that will keep your HVAC system in tip-top shape for many years to come:
- Examine the return air filter monthly and replace if necessary.
- Keep things, especially vegetation far from the outside units. The exterior compressor/condenser should be brushed free of leaves, pollen, and other debris. This will ensure clean and better airflow.
- Change the air filters every once a month, or as needed, depending on how often the unit is used.
- Clean the fins by removing the outer covers and spraying it with a gentle stream of water from a hose. Do not use a pressure washer to avoid damage to the fins.
- Straighten the fins ever so gently. If the fins have been severely damaged, contact a repair service immediately.
- Set the temperature according to the season you are in. Set the thermostat to “cool” during hot seasons and switch to fan when the temperature is tolerable. During the winter months, set it to “warm” or “heat”.
- Change the blower filter at least twice a year, or more often if you are living in a dusty area. Make sure to replace it with the same airflow rating.
- Check if the evaporator drain is plugged, and then clean it if necessary. Mold and algae can plug the drain, slowing down the flow. A plugged drain can either flood the floor or stop the system from cooling.
- Check and listen if the unit is making unusual sounds and loud noises when turned on. If this happens, immediately call an air conditioning repair Little Elm TX company that can inspect the unit.
- Clean the evaporator coil by dusting it off then spraying with a no-rinse coil cleaner. This can be bought in any hardware or home-improvement store. Clean the drain pan while you’re at it.
Always check for leaks in the refrigerant lines and AC condensate line!
- Check for possible corrosions in the wiring. If the unit is turning on and off on its own, this may be a sign that there is something wrong with the wiring and you have to change it immediately.
- During the summer months, turn off the furnace humidifier.
- Make sure that the outdoor unit is standing on level ground.
- Do not place heat-producing devices like television and lamps near the thermostat to prevent the system from unnecessarily over-cooling the house.
- As much as possible, set cooking equipment such as grill and cooking range outdoors so that the heat won’t add to the temperature detected by the thermostat indoors.
- Have a programmable thermostat in place. It can cut energy consumption by at least 10% and make your AC unit work less and last longer.
- Install and make full use of awnings, blinds, and drapes to block the sunlight during the hot season so that the AC won’t have to work too hard.
- Do not overuse the system unnecessarily. Give it some cool-down time so that it can perform at its optimum.
- Turn the system off before doing any type of cleaning and maintenance to prevent accidents.
HVAC Systems Energy Consumption
HVAC systems use about two-thirds of the entire energy consumption at home during summer and winter season, so it is very crucial to apply energy-saving tips. This is not only to save on money but to ensure that the system will sustain its durability.
An HVAC system is recommended to be replaced every 10-15 years because by then, the major components will start to deteriorate. High-quality HVAC systems for home and business such as Trane can last even for two decades with the right Trane ac repair Little Elm TX maintenance team.
HVAC systems are tough on the budget to maintain, that is why it can be very reassuring when a company like Air Repair Pros offer financing options at a special rate. It can really help during emergency repairs or replacement of units. This type of company in states like Texas know unforgiving weather and can be lifesavers during the tough seasons. And because they are also locals, they are very easy to talk to. Call the AC repair Little Elm TX Air Repair Pros now for a free estimate and ask about their financing options as well.