When talking about heating and air repair, Frisco TX comes to mind as having some of the top repair services that can help you fix broken air conditioners. With the colder months coming in, the risk of having your heater break down at any moment can be an unbearable thought. So, if you think your heater’s acting weird lately, you should be asking yourself: “is there a heater repair near me?” or “how can I be sure that my heater needs repair?”
Well, thank you for asking and worry not because we’ve got you covered. From worries on heat pump installations to typical furnaces and air handler repairs, here are the top 10 tell-tale signs that you need to contact local heating services:
- The vents keep on making odd noises – It can be difficult to spot heater disrepair, but when you hear your vents making odd noises, it’s definitely time to have it fixed. Malfunctioning heater vents can make a variety of weird sounds and identifying the type of sound can also tell you what needs repair. For example, a buzzing sound indicates that there’s a problem of an electrical nature. A loud pop or a banging noise can suggest potentially dangerous damage to the heat exchanger.
- Your heating bills are off the roof – Heating bills typically rise as the season turns colder. It means your heater is working extra to keep your home warm – in short, it’s working longer than usual. But if this happens even during warmer months, or if your heating bills are way too high compared to the year prior, it usually means you need to have it checked.
- Not warming enough – Another tell-tale sign of a heater in desperate need of repair is when you already set the thermostat at the highest point, but still find your place not warming enough or as expected. In times like these, your heater is working double-time to meet its max performance, and this can result in parts wearing or tearing down easier. It’s best to consult your local technicians ASAP if this type of problem arises.
- Short-cycling – Short-cycling is a technical term used to refer to air conditioners that are not able to complete an entire heating cycle. When this happens, it needs to stop and start again which means it’s consuming more energy than usual. You can also notice this easily as the heater stops and starts sporadically over time.
- Pilot light turns yellow – Furnace models typically have indicator lights that should be colored blue all the time. If it turns yellow, that means your furnace may not be operating as it should be. Other issues associated with this color change may include interfering substances and rusting that could damage your air conditioner if you don’t have it checked ASAP. Also, be mindful not to try and fix it yourself as it may be a dangerous process. Always check first with your local technician before attempting to fix your own heater.
- An odd smell coming from your heater – Another indicator your heating system is in need of repair is when it produces an off-putting smell that’s unpleasant to the nose. The stench can be coming from dust burnt off by the ducts which are typical of any air conditioner and usually not a cause for concern. But if the smell persists for hours and hours, it could be a major sign that your heater needs repair. Be wary if the odor smells like burning rubber or plastic since this could mean inside parts may be burning up or a sign of overheating. You can try changing your air filter first to see if the smell would go away, but if it doesn’t then you have to call your local heating services.
- Cold spots around the house – A well-functioning heater with appropriate heating capacity aligned with the size of your home usually heats up the whole room evenly. But if you find some spots in your house that are colder than other areas, that could be a troublesome indicator. Cold spots usually indicate that your heating system is not functioning efficiently. It could also be a sign that your heater doesn’t have the right heating capacity relative to the size of your home, but have it checked just to be sure.
- Bad air quality – Contact your local heating services immediately if you find your home gradually turning dusty or if you experience bouts of cough or asthma due to bad air quality. Malfunctioning furnaces are known for circulating harmful substances such as mildew, allergens, dust, and other potential contaminants that may not be good for your health.
Looking for furnace repairs in Frisco TX? Schedule an appointment with some of the top Frisco heater repairs today! Once you spot one or two of the abovementioned signs, the waiting time is over. Call Air Repair Pros ASAP before it becomes more costly to fix damaged parts.
Homeowners in the Frisco TX area are welcome to call us anytime. From heat pump repair service to air handler unit repair in Frisco TX and surrounding areas, we offer the best range of furnace and heat pump services including maintenance and installation.
Our company’s mission is to keep your home warm and safe for your loved ones. We provide the best heating repair service in town. Call Air Repair Pros services – the best heating and air repair service, Frisco TX has ever seen!