Homeowners Making Qualified Improvements Can Claim Tax Credits Equal to 10%
The American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009, or ARRA.
Have the tax credits been extended for 2011?
Reauthorization, and Job Creation Act of 2010. This law extends the tax credits for energy efficiency into 2011, BUT at lower levels. The levels revert back to those in effect in 2006 and 2007, which were 10% of the cost of the improvement, up to $500, with a $200 max for windows, and several other set maximums.
2011 Energy Tax Credit Highlights:
- $500 lifetime limit. If you got over $500 in these tax credits from 2006 – 2010, you are not eligible for anything more.
- 10% up to $500 for insulation, roofs, and doors.
- Windows capped at $200, but qualification now ENERGY STAR.
- Furnace and boilers capped at $150, and all furnaces and boilers must meet 95 AFUE.
- $50 for advanced main air circulating fan.
- $300 for air conditioners, air source heat pumps, water heaters, and biomass stoves.
Click Here for more information on Tax Credits.
We can work with you to make sure that the units you are choosing meet the standard for this type of tax credit. With the money back from the government, you’ll be able to enjoy a substantial discount on your taxes. Working with Air Repair Inc. means that you are going to be able to understand this tax credit and make sure that you are fully eligible for it. Contact us for more information. We can be reached at 972-625-1400.