Air Conditioning 101
Unless it is the middle of July in the scorching hot Texas sun, you probably never think about your air conditioning and heating system. This section of the website has been dedicated to air conditioning and heating education so that you can make educated decisions when it comes to your cooling and heating system.
An annual servicing of your air conditioning system is recommended.
Homeowners are also advised to following these maintenance and operation guidelines:
- Reset dampers for air conditioning at the start of the cooling season.
- Make all outlets and returns are free from obstructions and duct.
- Clean and/or replace air filters monthly.
- Check to make sure the condensate drain is draining freely. If there is an overflow pan under the unit, be sure the pan is clean and the condensate drain open. If your unit has a condensate pump, keep it clean and working.
- Find a comfortable setting above 78 degrees F and don’t change it. Consider installing a programmable or set-back thermostat.
- Make sure all ducts are insulated.
- Minimize heat gain and hot air infiltration by providing adequate attic insulation and weather-stripping at windows and doors.
- Make sure there is adequate attic ventilation.
- Never operate a house air conditioning system when the outside temperature is below 60 degrees F.
- Please keep in mind, these tips are only general guidelines. Because each situation is different, please contact the experts at Air Repair Inc. if you have questions about any specific issue. We can be reached at 972-625-1400.
AC 101: Click on the links below for more Air Conditioning and Heating Information
If you have any further questions or would like to schedule a service call, please feel free to contact our customer services agents at 972-625-1400.