Hey there, Frisco folks! With the winter chill getting pretty crazy this year, the last thing you would want is to see water pooling around your furnace.
If that’s happening to you, don’t fret just yet! It’s a common issue, and often, it’s something you can manage without too much hassle.
Here at Air Repair Pros, we believe in keeping you informed and ready to tackle any furnace hiccups. So, let’s talk about furnace leaks and what you can do about them!
Understanding the causes of furnace leaks
First, you have to know what’s causing the leak in the first place. One common culprit? Condensation. This is especially true for high-efficiency furnaces. These units are great for saving energy and we’ll always recommend them, but, condensation can build up due to clogged tubing, breaks in the condensation line, or issues with the pump.
Another potential reason could be your humidifier. Yep, that handy device can also contribute to furnace leaks if its filter or drain gets clogged.
So, what should you do?
First things first, safety is key! If you notice a leak:
- Turn off the system – You can do this at the unit or the breaker.
- Clean up the water – Grab a dry towel and soak up the water. If it’s a lot, a wet-dry vacuum will be your best friend.
- Check the air filter – A dirty, clogged filter can cause all sorts of problems. Replace it if needed.
- Visually inspect the condensation drain line – A cracked or broken condensation drain line can cause water to pool around your unit and damage your home or other personal property.
- Call in the pros – Sometimes, it’s best to leave things to the experts. A qualified technician can diagnose and fix the issue in no time.
Air Repair Pros to the rescue!
Worried about your leaky furnace? Don’t hesitate to give us a call at Air Repair Pros. We’re the heating and air conditioning specialists you can trust here in Frisco, TX. Our team of experts is ready to provide you with top-notch service and ensure your furnace is running smoothly again.